A study estimates at 2.2 million seniors will be entering the rental market over the next eight years. This group of potential tenants desires to be less
tied down to the responsibilities of maintaining a home. Here are 1 3 things Baby Boomers want and landlords and real estate investors need to know:
- ● Retirees want smaller communities in areas where the cost of living is cheaper.
- ● They enjoy the cultural offerings, such as ballet or museums.
- ● Walkability scores win over this crowd.
- ● They want to be within walking distance to many activities.
- ● They love to golf, so it should be near if not within the community.
- ● Fine dining and higherend restaurants should be close.
- ● They want lowcare or maintenancefree living environments.
- ● 50 percent are renting singlefamily homes with all maintenance
and yard care services included.
- ● When living in a multifamily unit there should be a community room
for social gathering.
- ● They want two and threebedroom units for an office or visiting
- ● They prefer higherend finishes in kitchens and baths.
- ● They have a low tolerance level for things that do not work right.
- ● They want wine refrigerators.
- ● Touch button window screens.